Caring for your Shadescape Canopy
Periodic cleaning is essential to remove dirt, grime and build up from your canopy. Make sure to clean both the aluminum and roofing sheets to avoid them getting damaged over time.
Clean your roofing regularly using warm water, a mild detergent and a soft sponge.
Take care not to scratch the sheet and hose it down thoroughly afterwards.
Cleaning the aluminum framing.
- Carefully remove any loose surface deposits with a hose.
- Use a soft, non-abrasive sponge or very soft brush, and a diluted solution of mild detergent in warm water to remove dust, salt and other deposits.
- Ensure all of the cleaned surfaces are rinsed with fresh water so that no residue remains.
Protecting the Powder Coated Frame
- Do not use abrasives on the frame, such as steel wool, scrapers or scouring liquids to remove dirt. These will scratch and damage the powder coating.
- Do not use aggressive solvents such as thinners or petrol, as these will damage the powder coating and will invalidate your warranty.
- Keep sunscreens away from the powder coating. Some sunscreens can adversely affect painted finishes. If your powder coated frame is to be exposed to plaster, mortar or paint, ensure the frame is masked for protection.
- Do not try to relocate your canopy, move posts or remove any brackets etc. This will void your warranty and potentially cause your canopy to break or fall.
Caring for your Shadescape Screens
- Avoid leaving your screens rolled up for extended periods of time if they are wet or damp.
- Avoid leaving curtains down during periods of very high winds.
- Moisture can be detrimental to the fabric integrity and the long-term of the fabric welds. Warranties will become void if damage is caused by leaving curtains wound up while wet, or left down during high winds.
Cleaning your screen.
1. Carefully remove any loose deposits with a wet sponge.
2. Use a soft, non-abrasive brush or sponge with a mild household detergent solution to remove debris.
3. Rinse off with clean, fresh water. Make sure it is thoroughly rinsed of any cleaning products and left to dry fully whilst rolled down.
4. Fingerprints or smear marks can be cleaned using Vuplex or a similar product. Vuplex is specifically designed to clean, protect and polish plastics.